29 January
Today while Charles and I were doing our grocery shopping, he started to feel an intense pain on his right side near his abdomen. It's not the first time he's had pain there, but he said it usually subsides as quickly as it starts. Today, however, it didn't go away quite so fast. We proceded to check out and go to the market only minutes away from the grocery store. When we pulled up at the market Charles said the pain had gotten much worse and asked me to call Placido. This is where Bolivia cell phones differ from American ones. Here we put credit on our phones just as you would use a calling card in the States. The downside -- the credit always seems to run out at the worse times. So there I am in the car trying to scratch off the metalic stuff to get to the code to call Placido as Charles goes completely white. He tells me he can't hear me or see me at this point and that he was "going down." Within that moment he stopped responding and blacked out. At the same time I got Placido's direction to meet him at the hospital.
So fortunately I found a taxi and we made it to the hospital where we met Toni. By then Charles had come to and was feeling better. After talking to a doctor and running lab work our diagnosis was almost exactly right -- Charles has a localized hernia that caused the intense pain, causing the blackout. The labwork all came back normal.
The next step is to schedule surgery in the next few weeks to resolve the discomfort. Placido can do the surgery and the recuperation is at most a week.
Praise God that the blackout wasn't more serious and that the pain subsided relatively quickly. Charles is taking it easy, and we will meet with the doctor tomorrow morning to see what medications he will take to help with the pain. At present, Charles is completely healthy and back to normal. He's been up and around -- without any lasting effects from today.
Please pray for Charles' health and praise God he wasn't alone today when the pain caused him to blackout.
Thank you for your continued support.
6 comments:
hello my friends, we will be praying for charles health and for you hannah too. Love the chiang´s
Glad you're okay amigo... get some rest
Hey guys! What a scary situation. I am so glad you both made it through ok. Keep us posted on the surgery plans.
(p.s. I'm so excited about this blog!)
Betsy
Let us know when you schedule the surgery. We want to pray for you. My mom and I both had surgery in Costa Rica and everything went really well. I am sure you are in great hands.
I'm so glad to hear that everything is ok. This website is awesome!! Make sure to update as often as you two can.
Hi Charles and Hannah!
What a scary situation! We are glad that you are back to normal. We also would like to know when the surgery will be. Love you both!
Post a Comment