I've been reading the Chronicles of Narnia to Lilly lately. I think about the subjects walking out of one world and into the next as I get ready to do the same tomorrow. It's a strange feeling to be out of one and into another so fast. But I find tht I fit in both.
Today was a birthday I'll likely not forget! It included an early morning visit from a sweet friend, driving mom home from the hospital, pedicures with Sarah, dinner with friends, blowing out candles and a lot of laughs. The moments that filled the days this week that were so challenging were lifted today and we had so much to celebrate.
Mom is home and doing well! She will continue to do rehab from home until her strength returns completely. Neighbors and friends have already begun arriving with casseroles and the willingness to help. Grant has his hands full as Sarah and I both leave tomorrow. We are praying for a swift and smooth recovery.
Mom said this afternoon after a six hour nap, 'sorry I slept through your birthday - at least there were a lot of them I was awake for!' We laughed and loved and thanked God in our hearts that mom and I were together for another birthday.
So thankful to be celebrating miracles and birthdays today!
1 comment:
You are amazing! Your perspective is amazing! I love knowing you more in that other world you are in through your writing!
Post a Comment