A funny and quick birthday spoof to make you all smile.
Monday, April 2, I turned 26. We didn't really celebrate since we had already decided to work on the house out at one of the villages. I spent the day painting, sweeping, lifting generators, etc. However, I did take some time to play with the kids and teach Diego, a teenager, our weekly Bible Study. It was a good day overall.
We invited some friends Mirta and Cesar for dinner at the apartment nearby where we are staying this week. Charles offered to cook dinner. At the last minute he decided to cook the locoto on the counter. Locoto is a pepper that they normally use here to make aji - a spicy sauce to go on chicken and just about everything else. When I go to the market, the lady I buy from usually throws in something small for free (called a yappa) and she had given me some locoto as a yappa this last trip. I rarely buy locoto unless we're having Bolivians over. Anyways, Charles thought he could try cooking locoto to put with a side dish he was making. However, neither of us knew how spicy the seeds were and the extra punch is that they are so strong, they actually remove the oxygen from the air. So there we were, Charles cooking and me, Mirta and Cesar chatting about the Ayore when we found ourselves struggling to breathe. We all four began gasping for air and walking outside to get a deep breath. After a while Cesar realized what happened and we all laughed about it ... at Charles' expense. It was scary at the moment how fast it came on but we had a good time teasing Charles that he was trying to kill me on my birthday.
The night went well otherwise and I enjoyed my first bolivian birthday! Thank you all for the birthday wishes from afar!
I'll post pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment